Updated: May 18, 2020
This recipe is perfect for fall when squash and brussel sprouts are in their peak season. I picked these up from the farmers market. This recipe goes perfectly with roasted or grilled chicken! I like to season this with just salt and pepper to bring out the natural flavors of the vegetables, but every once in a while I add cinnamon to squash for a sweet twist!
1 Acorn Squash
1 Pound Brussel Sprouts
1 Red Onion
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Dash of cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Slice the squash into ½ inch thick circles and remove the seeds.
3. Rub the slices with half of the olive oil. Salt and pepper (and add cinnamon) to taste.
4. Cut the ends off the brussel sprouts and slice them in half. Chop the onion into eighths.
5. Toss the brussel sprouts and onion with the remainder of the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
6. Spread all of the veggies onto a sheet pan.
7. Roast for 45 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.